Meet with the last tigers during a safari
A tiger is the largest cat species, with dark and orange stripes. It feeds on deers and bovids. Indian rulers used to hunt tigers in the wilderness. There was a decline in the tiger population.
The tiger census conducted in 1972 revealed that there were only 1,800 tigers in India. Where can you go on a safari to meet the last tigers? Read this document and find out about the tiger safari.
Where to meet the last tigers during a Safari?
- Go on a jeep safari to meet the Indian tigers at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Stay in treehouses and see the Nature from the treehouses. The Reserve encompasses other wild animals, like blackbuck and wild birds.
- Nagarhole National Park is located in Karnataka, India. Meet tigers in their natural habitat, and discover other wild animal species, particularly leopards, black panthers, elephants, deers, peacocks, and many bird species. The Park is the best place to go to hear the crying sound of deer and monkeys, and guess where the tigers are.
- Tyavarekoppa Lion and Tiger Safari is located in Karnataka, India. The park ranges over an area of 250 hectares. It was founded in 1988. It is home to lions and tigers and other animal species. You can go on jeep safaris to see wild animals at Tyavarekoppa Safari.
- Denwa Backwater Escape, Satpura is not very popular. Yet, it is home to tigers, leopards, and many other wild animal species. Denwa Backwater Escape encompasses forests where 300 bird species, blackbuck, monkeys inhabit. Take a boat to cross Denwa River, and then take a jeep to get to the Reserve. Stay at the luxurious treehouses or in terraced cottages.
- Panna Reserve is located at 30-minute drive from Khajuraho Airport. The reserve hosts tigers, leopards, crocodiles, sloth bears and other wild animals in their natural habitats. Panna also encompasses wild birds. The site is not yet very popular; yet, it is a good place to see many tigers in the wild.
Go on a safari trip to the land of tigers
Now that you have some ideas about the best locations for a safari, set out and meet the last tigers. Ride on a jeep and see the Indian tigers. Hear the sound of elephants and wild birds in their natural environment.
See other wild animals, like crocodiles, monkeys and blackbuck. Discover everything about the last tigers, including their behavior and their preys. Each of India's national parks and reserves offers a unique experience.
Choose what is more interesting for you. To help you plan your safari adventure, find a flight and accommodation with the help of a travel agency.
The best option is to use an online travel agency like Opodo in order to save time and money. Opodo operates with many tour operators and hotels in many counties worldwide, including India.
Therefore, it offers several flight and accommodation options which suits your interest and budget. Opodo can help you to find the best deals for your safari trip.